Earth Delta Alpha 2
Better! Bigger Again!
Well, my original plan was to release Alpha 2 when levels 6-10 were done. But, you know, the best plans to get laid, etc., oft go agley. Whatever “agley” means. I really keep getting back to the idea of making the base solid, and while it’s still kinda mushy, it’s more solid than it was. So that’s something. And there is some higher-level stuff in there, to show how the system starts to scale up.
What else is there? Glad you asked, imaginary readers!
- More Uplifts!
- Revised Uplifts!
- More Uplift, Mutate, Human, and Floral feats!
- An entire new class — the Tactician — which has the Scholar’s old Lectures, now Briefings.
- Scholars, having lost Lectures, get more Concoctions, another specialty, and the ability to harvest parts from corpses to make single-use items affixed to armor or weapons. (cough talismans cough).
- More feats and options for existing classes.
- A bunch more hazards.
- More monsters! Bloodgers, jellybrains, infantry robots, macroplastics, sporechildren, shockadillos, and more!
- NPCs: Chiurgeon, Wiresmith, Cropherder, and a robot that used to give art lectures and now wields a scythe!
- A ton more stuff I forgot!
- A lot of rebalancing, tuning, adjusting!
- A bunch of typos fixed!
- A bunch more typos added!
- High-tech weapons and armor, and a few gadgets.
Mutations. They’re likely to revert back to my older “mutation point” system for better balance, esp. w/uplifts who get de facto “free” mutations. This gives me more flexibility to make some animals more equal than others. Also, more of them. You can never have enough mutations in a game like this.